Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Project #3

 Analog vs. Digital

The idea behind this piece comes from my first project where I had painted acetates over a print giving a depth of perception. It turn out good and I was quite satisfied with the end result but I knew it could reach a whole different level is little modifications. The problem was the uncleanness within the clear plastic thus making it less transparent so I knew about this clear resin product which is basically a pouring medium onto any surface. Long story short, I was referred clear epoxy instead because this wouldn't chemically react to the ink on paper and doesn't shrink when drying. Therefore I took the store clerk's advice and went with the epoxy. Amazing result! This stuff works really well and gave me the exact appearance I wanted....  
 
This project is based on past memories and has stuck with me throughout my whole child hood. We called it "The Cabin" and my friends used to hang out here after school and weekend nights back in the high school days. The image shows a reconstruction of this Cabin and how it used to look compared to its present state now.



Here are the remains.



In addition to this piece, I had print another photograph taking with a 35mm camera dating from 5 years ago and I also poured some epoxy to give it a vintage appearance.





Here I built a frame using cardboard to hold the epoxy on top of the photo.













Now the next step is showcasing them at critique!

No comments:

Post a Comment